Service Provider Action Council (SPAC)
Drew Rexrode II
Have question? Email our SPAC-Lead Team!
4Q15 SPAC Agenda Coming Soon!
To download the SPAC Presentation Request Form please click here.
DUE DATE: October 2, 2015
The Service Provider Action Council (SPAC) is a Board and Working Group advisory group that-
- Brings the Service Provider community together to offer the Broadband Forum continuous direction on industry requirements and areas of innovation.
- Works together to ensure that strategic work items have the service provider engagement needed to achieve timely standards development and approval.
To engage Service Providers (SPs) to communicate and prioritize their market driven technical requirement, provide forum leadership and interact with vendors and the Broadband Forum Technical and Marketing Committees for real world impact and benefit of the broadband industry.
To provide a forum for all Service Provider members to share best practices, and experiences through planned, stimulated discussion on items of shared concern and/or opportunity.
- Guarantees that Service Provider requirements stay front and central to all BBF work, timelines and deliverables
- Offers direction on areas of innovation that will require new BBF initiatives to ensure global broadband specifications are updated and interoperability is established proactively with a goal of day one interoperability for these new service areas
- Ensures Service Provider requirements are addressed by the Broadband Forum and communicated to other SDOs and trade associations as appropriate
- Provides a venue for Service Providers to share best practices and lessons learned, as well as discuss contribution and collateral support
- Offers Technical Work Area consultation/direction for-
- Critical items needing real world provider requirements and expectations
- Arbitration issues regarding Working Texts or other outputs/deliverables
- Provides assistance and input to Marketing Committee on regional/global messaging
- Encourages Service providers to incorporate Releases, Technical Reports, certification programs or other recognized outputs into their broadband development plans
Conduct meetings for Service Providers in conjunction with Broadband Forum meetings, in order to provide a collective voice to help focus ongoing Forum efforts, address issues surrounding obstacles to market or specification success and determine actions necessary to removing obstacles hindering the Service Provider community in other ways.
Once obstacles have been identified, determine the best course of action which could include (but not limited to):
- Prioritizing Release Plan items and expedition,
- Committing SP resources to important Technical and Marketing Committee efforts,
- Driving new Technical Reports and White Papers and new BBF Certification options
- Influencing other SDOs or trade associations for the benefit of the Broadband Forum membership
- Expediting the maturing in specific technology areas where the need is identified for Service Providers to have a role,
- Conduct Best Practices sessions for shared learning,
- Establishing a stronger Forum media presence.