Hotel Reservation Deadline: CLOSED
Meeting Registration & Contribution Deadline: CLOSED
Balboa Avenida Aquilino de la Guardia
Panama City, Panama
View a local map with the hotel address: HERE
Please note: There are several Hilton hotels in the city of Panama, please use the above address to ensure you’re referencing the correct hotel.
Looking for a unique opportunity to highlight your brand in front of the major influencers of the broadband ecosystem?
Broadband Forum offers the opportunity for access companies to sponsor our quarterly meetings, and in doing so get their brand and/or latest initiative in front of our meeting attendees – the world’s largest and most influential service providers and broadband ecosystem participants. In addition, we offer a wide variety of complementary sponsorship opportunities, ranging from sponsorship of BASe events to targeted webinars, studies, and white papers.
For more information on sponsoring a meeting, click here.
For more information on other complementary sponsorship opportunities, including BASe, webinars, studies and white papers, click here.
Of course, you can always contact us via email at email@example.com.
Monday, December 2, 2019
10:00 – 11:00: Service Provider Action Council
11:30 – 12:30: Welcome and Opening Plenary
13:00 – 14:00: Tools Office Hours
18:30 – 20:30: Broadband Forum’s “Coming Out” Celebration
Tuesday, December 3, 2019
13:00 – 14:00: Tools Office Hours
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
13:00 – 14:00: Tools Office Hours
Thursday, December 5, 2019
16:30 – 17:30: Closing Plenary
*Please note agenda is subject to change
Contribution Deadline: CLOSED
See the Using JIRA to Manage Contributions wiki page for details of how to create contributions (log-in required).
Hotel Reservation is now CLOSED
**Please be reminded that it is vital that you book your rooms at the hotel that the Forum has contracted with, failure to do so, puts the Forum in financial jeopardy**
It is now past the hotel reservation deadline, however there may be still rooms available. To reserve a room at the Hilton Panama please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that new reservations and/or updates are not always possible however we will do our best to assist you.
Based on availability, the discounted group rate is offered a few days prior (November 30, 2019) and post (December 7, 2019) of the scheduled room block.
Discounted Room Rates:
Single Occupancy Room: $135 USD per night
Double Occupancy Room: $150 USD per night
The room rate does NOT include taxes or fees; however breakfast and in-room internet access are included.
Individuals are responsible for all sleeping room charges and reservations must be guaranteed by individual’s credit card at the time of booking. The cost of one room night will be charged as a reservation deposit.
- Reservations cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival will receive a full-refund of their deposit.
- Any reservation cancelled less than 72 hours prior to arrival or no shows will forfeit one night’s room and tax revenue.
- There is an early departure fee of $75.00 that will apply to any guest who checks out prior to the reserved checkout date. To avoid this fee guest should inform the hotel of any change in planned length of stay prior to or during check-in.
- Check-In Time: 15:00 | Check-Out Time: 12:00
Please use the above method to make your reservation at the hotel. Or you may contact the hotel directly by telephone at 507-280-8000. In order to be honored the discounted room rate, please let them know you are with Broadband Forum 2019 Q4 meeting.
If you should need assistance booking a room please contact us directly at +1.510.492.4022 or via email at email@example.com
Note: If reservations are made with a travel agency, Broadband Forum will not be able to assist in adjusting room rates as the hotel has special agreements with each travel agency. For Broadband Forum to get involved, you must make your reservations as stated above.
It is now past the meeting registration deadline. To register for the meeting please, click HERE.
Meeting fee is due on or before: Monday, November 25, 2019
Note: You must be logged in to the wiki to view the registration link.
$450 USD for Principal and Associate Members to attend general and committee meetings.
$310 USD for Principal and Associate members to attend general and committee meetings for ONE day.
$310 USD for Auditing Members to attend Plenary, and General Sessions Only.
(The meeting fees include lunch and are for all attendees including those staying in the hotel.)
Please Note: To help with the registration process and pressure on staffing please pay your meeting fee as soon as possible.
Cancellations received on or before Monday, November 25, 2019: FULL REFUND
Cancellations received after Monday, November 25, 2019: 50% REFUND
Visas cannot be obtained at the border or airport. The average time to obtain a Visa is four (4) weeks, however this will vary depending on location. Please be aware that each country has different requirements as to how to apply for a visa. Please check with your local consulate to get the most accurate information about obtaining a visa for your specific country of residence.
If you would like a Broadband Forum visa letter please add your personal details to the Visa Letter form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for a signature. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by phone at +1.510.492.4022.
There are many transportation options to help you get around Panama City;
- El Metro for information in English with maps please see: http://mapa-metro.com/en/panama/panama/el-metro-de-panama-map.htm
- The MiBus system is linked to Google maps for ease here is a link to the route between the airport and hotel: https://goo.gl/maps/6Q4Xwt7EpzgyEtA59
- Uber and Lyft are both options inside the city.
- Taking taxis can be a bit more complicated than usual but here are a few tips and links to help you navigate:
- Not all taxi drivers in Panama speak English so it’s helpful to ask up front, Habla inglés?
- Licensed, registered taxis in Panama are yellow, and have plate numbers replicated on the sides of the vehicle. They do not have meters, and instead calculate fares based on how many zones are traversed but this also means prices can be negotiable. White unmarked vehicles known as “tourism taxis” operate out of airports, charging slightly more for private transportation.
- It’s wise to agree on what the fare will be before getting into a cab.
- It’s not customary to tip unless your driver went above and beyond.
- Some Links I found helpful:
Tocumen International Airport (PTY) – 13.6 mi – 22.2km
The drive from PTY airport to the hotel is estimated to take about 20 to 30 minutes.
A taxi from the airport to the Hilton Panama, Panama City cost approximately $30
All attendees must check-in at the Broadband Forum desk in the hotel to receive meeting materials and name badge.
On-site Registration Hours at the Hilton Panama Hotel:
Monday, December 2: 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Tuesday, December 3: 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Wednesday, December 4: 8:00AM – 6:00PM