Hotel Reservation Deadline: Friday, November 13, 2020
Meeting Registration & Contribution Deadline: Monday, November 30, 2020
8 Whiteman Street
Southbank, VIC Australia 3006
+61 3 9292 6688
View a map with the hotel address here.
Please Note: There are several Crown hotels in the city of Melbourne, please use the above address to ensure you’re referencing the correct hotel.
Looking for a unique opportunity to highlight your brand in front of the major influencers within broadband ecosystem?
Broadband Forum offers the opportunity for companies to sponsor our quarterly meetings, this is a branding opportunity to highlight your company to our meeting attendees.
The Broadband Forum is comprised of Service Providers, Vendors and influencers of all sizes, from all around the world.
For a list of benefits given to meeting sponsors, click here.
For more information on other sponsorship opportunities, including BASe, webinars, studies, and white papers, click here.
Of course, you can always contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
- 09:00 – 11:00: Service Provider Action Council
- 11:30 – 12:30: Welcome and Opening Plenary
Friday, December 11, 2020
- 16:30-17:30: Closing Plenary
*Please note agenda is subject to change
Contribution Deadline: Monday, November 30, 2020
See the Using JIRA to Manage Contributions wiki page for details of how to create contributions (log-in required).
**Please be reminded that it is vital that you book your rooms at the hotel that the Forum has contracted with, failure to do so puts the Forum in financial jeopardy**
Based on availability, the discounted rate is offered five (5) days prior and post of the scheduled room block. Rates may not be available on Friday and/or Saturday evenings, during special event periods and on Victorian and/or national public holidays. If you plan to stay over late or arrive early, please note that the reservation system may not allow you to book online. Please go ahead and make your reservation for the dates that you find available and then email us at email@example.com and we will request a reservation update on your behalf.
Hotel Reservation Deadline: Friday, November 13, 2020
NOTE: If you cannot book for your full stay please make a reservation for the dates that are available email firstname.lastname@example.org with your travel dates and confirmation number. We will request a reservation update on your behalf. Please understand that updates are not always possible however we will do our best to assist you.
BBF Discounted Room Rates:
Single Occupancy Room (i.e. One Buffet Breakfast): $278 AUD
Double Occupancy Room (i.e. Two Buffet Breakfasts): $311 AUD
Room rates are in Australian Dollars and inclusive of 10% GST. A buffet breakfast and premium in-room internet access for one device is included within the room rate.
Please note: the above accommodation rates have incorporated a discounted rate for breakfast when bought as a package. If breakfast is charged on a consumption basis, a higher daily rate will apply. The non package breakfast rate is $35.50 AUD per person, per day.
Individuals are responsible for all sleeping room charges and reservations must be guaranteed by individual’s credit card at the time of booking. No reservation deposit will be charged to the individual’s credit card.
- Reservations cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival or no shows, will be charged one night’s accommodation, per room cancelled, to the applicable credit card.
- All standard rooms are configured with either one king or two queen beds. The maximum number of persons is two adults for a one king room and four adults for the two queen beds, room. If you require a particular room type please advise your group coordinator at email@example.com.
- Request for rooms to be charged to a third party must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org 14 days prior to arrival. Full prepayment of these rooms is required 7 days prior to arrival.
- Check-In Time: 14:00 | Check-Out Time: 11:00
- Upon check-in individuals are required to provide a credit card and a $100.00 AUD per night, per room authorization or $200 AUD per night, per room cash bond will be taken.
- Decisions on a request for a late check-out will not be made until the day of departure.
Please use the above method to make your reservation at the hotel. Or you may contact the hotel directly by telephone at +61 3 9292 6688. In order to be honored the discounted room rate, please let them know you are with THE BROADBAND FORUM 2020 ASIA Q4.
If you should need assistance booking a room please contact us directly at +1.510.492.4022 or via email at email@example.com.
Note: If reservations are made with a travel agency, Broadband Forum will not be able to assist in adjusting room rates as the hotel has special agreements with each travel agency. For Broadband Forum to get involved, you must make your reservations as stated above.
Meeting registration will open in October 2020.
Meeting fee is due on or before: Monday, November 30, 2020
The meeting fees includes lunch and for all attendees including those staying at the hotel.
- $500 USD Full Week – Principal/Associate Members and Observers
- $310 USD Single Day – Principal/Associate Members and Observers
- $310 USD Auditing Members – Summit, Plenary, and General Sessions Only
Please Note: To help with the registration process and pressure on staffing please pay your meeting fee as soon as possible.
Cancellations received on or before Monday, November 30, 2020: FULL REFUND
Cancellations received after Monday, November 30, 2020: 50% REFUND
Visas cannot be obtained at the border or airport. The average time to obtain a Visa is four (4) weeks, however this will vary depending on location. Please be aware that each country has different requirements as to how to apply for a Visa. Please check with your local consulate to get the most accurate information about obtaining a Visa for your specific country of residence.
If you would like Broadband Forum visa letter please add your personal details to the Visa Letter form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for a signature. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by phone at +1.510.492.4022
- A local map with the hotel address and transportation instructions can be found here.
- To learn more about the local transportation please see: https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/parking-and-transport/public-transport/Pages/public-transport.aspx
- Official Tourist Website: https://www.visitmelbourne.com
Melbourne Airport (MEL) – 16 mi / 26 km
- The drive from the MEL airport to the hotel is estimated to take about 25 minutes.
- A taxi from the airport to the Crown Promenade Hotel costs approximately $54 AUD.
- A regular bus operates between Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine) and Southern Cross Railway Station in Melbourne’s city centre. SkyBus runs every 10 minutes during peak times and you do not need to book in advance. If you wish, you can buy ticket online before you travel. The Skybus coach terminal is a 20 minute walk to the Crown Promenade hotel.
Avalon Airport (AVV) – 34 mi / 55 km
- The drive from the AVV airport to the hotel is estimated to take about 45 minutes.
- A taxi from the airport to the Crown Promenade Hotel costs approximately $130 AUD.
- From Avalon Airport, Skybus operates services to Melbourne, Geelong, the Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast. The bus transfers page on the Avalon Airport website has more information. The Skybus coach terminal is a 20 minute walk to the Crown Promenade hotel.
Taxi transport in Melbourne:
Melbourne taxis are easy to spot, as they display a lamp on the cab roof and most are painted yellow, silver or white. Drivers wear a uniform and show an identity card on the dashboard at all times. Taxi meters are clearly visible, so you can keep check of your fare as you ride. Late night taxi trips must be paid for in advance. Between 10pm and 5am in Victoria, the driver will ask you for an up-front deposit, based on a table of point to point estimates. Use the fare estimator to work out what your trip is likely to cost. Melbourne cabs attract additional charges like a late night surcharge from midnight to 5am, a fee for phone bookings, a fee for using the Citylink freeway and a fee for taxis waiting at the airport rank. Uber also operates in Melbourne.
To plan your route using Melbourne’s extensive public transport network, visit https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/.
All attendees must check-in at the Broadband Forum desk in the hotel to receive meeting materials and name badge.
On-site Registration Hours at the Crown Promenade Melbourne:
Tuesday, December 8: 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Wednesday, December 9: 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Thursday, December 10: 8:00AM – 6:00PM