Broadband Forum Q1 2018 Newsletter
Your quarterly resource for updates on recent activities and our most critical work and focus areas.
A Word from our CEO
Broadband Forum forges ahead with holistic approach to broadband network development
Latest achievements on next-generation broadband networks honored as Broadband Forum holds annual awards and elections
- Marco Spini, of Huawei, for work on a number of complex topics and providing an important liaison between the Forum and 3GPP.
- Ludwig Pauwels, of Nokia, and Nick Hancock, of ADTRAN, for their contributions to the Common YANG project.
- Yuanlong Jiang, of Huawei, for key contributions to Mobile Transport and Routing work.
- Georgios Karagiannis, of Huawei, for work on the Cloud-based Central Office Reference Architecture Framework, now known as TR-384 CloudCO.
Architecture and Migration Group continues to drive new testing initiative
Broadband User Services completes version 1.0 of USP
YANG 1.1, YANG 1.2 and beyond
2018 is a big year in BBF Fiber Access
Innovation Group hosts key presentations on CloudCO, 5G and IoT
Physical Layer Transmission continues Gfast progress
Wrapping up Cloud Interconnect and ramping up 5G Transport
- Work on integration of Flexible Ethernet into IP/MPLS networks – This gives TDM-like characteristics to packet networks to deliver the performance and isolation needed for network slicing.
- Deterministic transport – based on IETF DetNet and IEEE TSN, provides packet networks with a predictable and stable performance that can be used to serve applications and services demanding ultra-low latency, high reliability and high scalability.
- Continued work with our partner organizations (3GPP, IETF, ITU-T, IEEE, MEF, and others) to coordinate activities.
SDN and NFV Work Area publishes first CloudCO document as TR
Wireline-Wireless Convergence Work Area in significant 5G work
New Broadband Forum tools delivering increased agility and faster working
Documents approved include:
- TR-069s6 CPE WAN Management Protocol
- TR-106a8 Data Model Template for CWMP-Enabled Devices and USP Agents
- TR-114i3a2VDSL2 Performance Test Plan
- TR-115i3a1 VDSL2 Functionality Test Plan
- TR-181i2a12 Device Data Model for TR-069
- TR-331 Architecture and Technical Requirements for PON-Based Mobile Backhaul Networks
- TR-369 User Services Platform
- WT-400 Testing of Bonded, Multi-Pair Gfast Systems
Welcome to new and returning members!
Broadband Forum in the news
Word on the Tweet
- Gigabit Access 2018: April 10-11, Brussels, Belgium
- Internet of Things Summit: April 19-20, San Francisco, US
- Telco Cloud World Forum: April 17-18, London, UK
- ONUG Spring Meeting: April 18, San Francisco, US
- China SDN/ NFV Conference 2018: April 17-18, Beijing, China
- 5G India Congress 2018: April 20, New Delhi, India
- TNO’s Ultra-fast Broadband Seminar: June 19-21, The Hague, The Netherlands
Members Only: To see the meeting details and view the presentations please see our Past Meetings wiki page at: https://wiki.broadband-forum.org/display/BBF/Past+Meetings