Broadband Forum Q4 2017 Newsletter
Your quarterly resource for updates on recent activities and our most critical work and focus areas.
BASE 2018: Call for papers opens
Broadband Forum collaborates with Cartesian to address hurdles in adoption of virtualized networks
Broadband Forum forms alliance with the DMTF
Testing gets reality check in new Broadband Forum global testing initiative
Work Area Updates from New Orleans
Virtualize that: Architecture and Migration Work Area looks at NFV and SDN
Broadband User Services finalizes USP changes and plans Plugfest
Common YANG project moves forward
NETCONF/YANG management solutions set for 2018 and beyond
Innovation Group explores Fixed Wireless Access in the context of 5G
Physical Layer Transmission continues Gfast progress
Routing and Transport Work Area focuses on 5G transport
- Work to integrate Flexible Ethernet into IP/MPLS networks. This gives TDM-like characteristics to packet networks for performance and isolation needed for network slicing.
- Deterministic transport, based on IETF DetNet and IEEE Time Sensitive Networking (TSN). This gives packet networks predictable and stable performance that can be used to serve applications and services demanding ultra-low latency, high reliability and high scalability.
- Continued work with our partner organizations (3GPP, IETF, ITU-T, IEEE, MEF, and others) to coordinate activities.
Those interested in the details of the projects and progress are encouraged to contact the Area Director and/or Project Stream Leads for suggestions on how to get involved and contribute.
SDN and NFV Work Area send first cloud-based Central Office Technical Report to final ballot
Wireline-Wireless Convergence Work Area continues to evolve 5G
New Broadband Forum tools delivering increased agility and faster working
Documents approved include:
- WT-177 Corrigendum 1 IPv6 in the context of TR-101 (TR-177 Corrigendum 1)
- WT-156 Issue 4 Using GPON Access in the context of TR-101 (TR-156 Issue 4)
- WT-355 Corrigendum 2 YANG Modules for FTTdp Management (TR-355 Corrigendum 2)
- WT-370 Fixed Access Network Sharing – Architecture and Nodal Requirements (TR-370)
Welcome to new and returning members!
Broadband Forum in the news
Broadband Forum boosts presence of Gfast and NG-PON2 technologies with social media strategy
- FTTH Conference: Feb 13-15, Valencia, Spain
- Gigabit Copper 2018: April 10-11, Brussels, Belgium
- Internet of Things Summit: April 19-20, San Francisco, US
- Telco Cloud World Forum: April 17-18, London, UK
- ONUG Spring Meeting: April 18, San Francisco, US
- China SDN/ NFV Conference 2018: April 17-18, Beijing, China
Members Only: To see the meeting details and view the presentations please see our Past Meetings wiki page at: https://wiki.broadband-forum.org/display/BBF/Past+Meetings