Third Quarter Meeting
July 25 - 28, 2016
- Meeting registration and hotel reservations will open in May 2016.
- Meeting Contribution Deadline: Monday, July 18, 2016 at 5:00pm PT
The Ritz-Carlton Berlin
Potsdamer Platz 3
View a local map with the hotel address - HERE
Important Sessions at the Q3 Meeting:
Monday, July 25, 2016
- 8:00am - 12:00am:
Service Provider Action Council (SPAC) - CLOSED Session
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm: Opening Plenary
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
- 7:00am - 8:00am: Navigating & Contributing to the Broadband Forum
Thursday, July 28, 2016
- 5:30pm - 6:30pm: Closing Plenary
*Please note agenda is subject to change.
Meeting Contribution Deadline: Monday, July 18, 2016 at 5:00pm PT.
To create a new document:
- Choose "Create" under the Document menu
- Enter the title, working area, etc. information into the appropriate fields
- Click the "Save" button
- You will then be given a document number. You have as long as you need to upload the document; once a document
number is assigned it cannot be given to anyone else.
- Return to the record for your document
- Choose the "Upload File" link under the Document Options Menu
- Select the type of file you will be uploading
- Click the "Browse" button to select your document.
- Click the "Upload" button.
Visas cannot be obtained at the border or at the airport. The average time to obtain a Visa is four (4) weeks, however this will vary depending on location. Please be aware that each country has different requirements as to how to apply for a Visa. Please check with your local consulate to get the most accurate information about obtaining a Visa for your specific country of residence.
If you would like Broadband Forum visa letter please add your personal details to the Visa Letter form (members only access) and email it Gabby Bond at email@example.com for a signature. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1.510.492.4020.
Hotel Reservation Instructions:
Hotel reservations will open in May 2016.
Broadband Forum Room Rates: Single 145.00 EUR / Double 175.00 EUR
(Room rate includes breakfast, in-room internet access, taxes and service charges.)
If you should need assistance booking a room please contact us directly at +1.510.492.4020 or via email at email@example.com.
**Note: If reservations are made with a travel agency, the Broadband Forum will not be able to assist in adjusting room rates as the hotel has special agreements with each travel agency. For the Broadband Forum to get involved, you must make your reservations as stated above.
Meeting Registration Information:
Registration will open in May.
Pre-registration meeting fee due on or before Monday, July 18, 2016 at 5:00pm PT:
- $450 USD for Principal and Associate Members to attend general and committee meetings.
- Fees include lunch. (The meeting fee is for all attendees including those staying in the hotel.)
- There will be a $100 USD late fee for those that register after the Monday, July 18,2016 deadline.
- For those registered before Monday, July 18, 2016, but WITHOUT PAYMENT, your registration will be considered late if payment is not received before the July 18th deadline.
- Cancellations received on or before Monday, July 18: FULL REFUND
- Cancellations received after Monday, July 18: 50% REFUND
Getting There & Around Town:
A local map with the hotel address and transportation instructions can be found here.
To learn about the local area please see the Berlin Tourism website.
Tegel Airport - TXL
Hotel distance: 10.4 km
Public Transportation about a 40 minute journey (one way)
Estimated taxi fare: 22.00 EUR (one way) - about a 25 minute journey
Airport Schoenefeld - SXF
Hotel distance: 20.8 km
Public Transportation about a 55 minute journey (one way)
Estimated taxi fare: 38.00 EUR (one way) - about a 40 minute journey
Public Transportation stops near the hotel:
Bus Station: Omnibus Bahnhof (distance 6.5 km)
Subway Station: Potsdamer Platz (distance 0.1 km)
Train Station: Main Station (distance 2.5 km)
Getting around Berlin is quite easy as there are many transportation options. To view a list of options please click here
The hotel does not provide shuttle services.
All pre-registered attendees and late on-site registrants must check-in at the Broadband Forum desk in the hotel to receive meeting materials and name badge.
On-site Registration Hours at the Ritz Carlton Hotel:
Monday, July 25th: 7:00am - 6:00pm
Tuesday, July 26th: 7:00am - 6:00pm
Wednesday, July 27th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Broadband Forum Contact: