Third Quarter Meeting
August 31 - September 4, 2015
Hotel Reservation Deadline:
Monday, August 17, 2015
Meeting Registration Deadline:
Monday, August 24, 2015
Meeting Contribution Deadline:
Monday, August 24, 2015 at 5:00pm PT
Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa
Rua Tenete Valadim, 146
Porto, Portugal 4100-476
View a local map with the hotel address - HERE
Important Sessions at the Q3 Meeting:
Monday, August 31, 2015
- 8:00am - 12:00pm: Service Provider Action Council (SPAC)
- 12:30pm - 2:00pm: Opening Plenary and Lunch
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Thursday, September 3, 2015
- 5:30pm - 6:30pm: Closing Plenary
*Please note agenda is subject to change.
Meeting Contribution Deadline: Monday, August 24, 2015 at 5:00pm PT.
To create a new document:
- Choose "Create" under the Document menu
- Enter the title, working group, etc. information into the appropriate fields
- Click the "Save" button
- You will then be given a document number. You have as long as you need to upload the document; once a document
number is assigned it cannot be given to anyone else.
- Return to the record for your document
- Choose the "Upload File" link under the Document Options Menu
- Select the type of file you will be uploading
- Click the "Browse" button to select your document.
- Click the "Upload" button.
Visas cannot be obtained at the border or at the airport. The average time to obtain a Visa is four (4) weeks, however this will vary depending on location. Please be aware that each country has different requirements as to how to apply for a Visa. Please check with your local consulate to get the most accurate information about obtaining a Visa for your specific country of residence.
If you would like Broadband Forum visa letter please add your personal details to the Visa Letter form (members only access) and email it Gabby Bond at email@example.com for a signature. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1.510.492.4020.
Hotel Reservation Instructions:
Broadband Forum Discount Rates for the Sheraton Porto hotel:
Single 120.00 EUR / Double 135.00 EUR
(Rates includes in room internet access, taxes and breakfast.)
Please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible, as rooms sell out quickly.
To be guaranteed this discounted rate, reservations must be made by
Monday, August 17, 2015.
To reserve a room at the Sheraton Porto hotel please click here.
Please use the above method to make your reservation at the hotel. Or you may contact the hotel directly by phone, at +351.22.040.4123. In order to be honored the discounted room rate, please let them know you are with the Broadband Forum Meeting.
If you should need assistance booking a room please contact us directly at +1.510.492.4020 or via email at email@example.com.
**Note: If reservations are made with a travel agency, the Broadband Forum will not be able to assist in adjusting room rates as the hotel has special agreements with each travel agency. For the Broadband Forum to get involved, you must make your reservations as stated above.
Meeting Registration Information:
To register for the meeting, please click here.
Pre-registration meeting fee due on or before Monday, August 24, 2015 at 5:00pm PT:
- $450 USD for Principal and Associate Members to attend general and committee meetings.
- Fees include lunch. (The meeting fee is for all attendees including those staying in the hotel.)
- There will be a $100 USD late fee for those that register after the Monday, August 24th deadline.
- For those registered before Monday, August 24, 2015, but WITHOUT PAYMENT, your registration will be considered late if payment is not received before the August 24th deadline.
- Cancellations received on or before Monday, August 24th: FULL REFUND
- Cancellations received after Monday, August 24th: 50% REFUND
A local map with the hotel address can be found here.
In addition the hotel provides things to do while in Porto here.
To learn about the local area please see Porto's official website.
A list of Porto's public transportation options can be found here.
Francisco Sa Carneiro International Airport (OPO) a.k.a. Porto Airport - Distance to the hotel: 9 miles / 15 km
The drive from the OPO airport to the hotel is estimated to take about 15 - 20 minutes (dependent on traffic).
Sao Bento Railway Station - Distance to the hotel: 2 miles / 4.5 km
This is train station is located in the Almeida Garret Square, in the centre of the city.
The drive from the train station to the hotel is estimated to take about 15 minutes (dependent on traffic).
Getting Around in Porto:
- Walking will often be the best option as the hotel is centrally located with shopping, museums, the financial and business districts all within a short distance.
- Public transportation is both convenient and inexpensive. The system uses a combination of the metro, busses, trams and trains to make it easy for travelers to get to nearly any local destination with ease. All three are operated by the same organization STCP and ticketing is integrated under the Andante brand name.
- Taxis are an excellent method of getting around Porto. They are inexpensive and easy to find. The taxi drivers are said to be friendly, English-speaking and helpful, although of course this will vary from cab to cab.
- Rental cars are not recommended in Porto. Porto is comprised of a number of one-way streets which are not always clearly marked and traffic is generally heavy. Driving is generally considered more of a hassle than a help in this area.
All pre-registered attendees and late on-site registrants must check-in at the Broadband Forum desk in the hotel to receive meeting materials and name badge.
On-site Registration Hours at the Sheraton Porto hotel:
Monday, August 31st: 7:00am - 6:00pm
Tuesday, September 1st: 7:00am - 6:00pm
Broadband Forum Contact: